Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Random Pics

Hey! Sorry for the longish blog silence--I've been meaning to get a blog post about Egypt up before I start back in on Mad posts (though it almost seems a little silly given what kind of news Egypt has been putting out lately), but here up north we've been having the kind of crushing humid heat that sends everyone into the 95 degree shade for four hours in the middle of the day, and the heat had robbed me of my motivation. So here are a few random pics to tide you over:















Some of my English Club with the completed World Map Project. I just taught them what thumbs up means, so two of them are giving a thumbs up to the camera. The two guys on the left are two of the English teachers I help (there are now a grand total of three who aren't terrified of me and my English fluency).















This is what I sift out of every cup of flour I use. Yum, right? Best not to think about it too much.















Drying my laundry on my lawn. My living fence keeps falling down (with not a little help from the kids and cows) and I keep patching it up again and again. It'll be nice and sturdy...by the end of my service.

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with what you deal with, Rowan. The bugs! In the flour! I am going to appreciate my free-of-visible-bugs flour every day now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT much....out of 1 cup.....hhhhmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete